Mansfield Alto 160 toilet product review

Users who are viewing this thread

KRATZPLUMBER

Reaction score
You seem very demanding for a guy getting FREE advice! Like all things there are many price levels, mansfield is just fine but a Corvette it is not. In my area of the country it is the most standard of choices....and yes this plumbing contractor would have put one in his house too if his wife did not pick out the fancy 400$ one that matched the bathroom.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I wish I could ship all my Mansfield 160 toilets your way then. The dump fees for these is costing me a lot.

I think the original poster was just wondering what his options were.
When I was building homes, I realized that to make money, you had to keep costs down.
As a contractor selling product and installing, I can offer more choices without breaking the bank.
It's nice being able to sell people what they want, rather then, let's just fill that hole.

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Mansfield Alto was MaP rated at 275, at least for one sample.
Mansfield Alto, 275 grams with 1.6 gallons
To get a Watersense label requires 350 grams or better with 1.28 gallons.

We remove a lot of them. Depending on the day they were made and who made them in the factory, there can be individual differences. My daughters home plugged all three the weekend she moved in.
Many products will work better then the Mansfield Alto with 2" flushvalve.

Mansfield was sold by the thousands in the Seattle area, so it keeps us pretty busy removing them.

Last edited:

Will Rogers Plumbing

Plumbing Contractor
Reaction score
Website
www.willrogersplumbing.com
Mansfield are installed by the thousands here. They are a very reliable toilet that are easy to work on. I like the 3 bolt pattern(more stable), the flush tower(last longer than a flush valve and flapper) and the ballcock(way better than the crappy fill valves in todays toilets), plus they are made in the USA. I install more Mansfeilds than another toilet.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks