Trane XE1000 matching air handler/heater question

Users who are viewing this thread

rcfunk

Reaction score
I have a Trane XE1000 1.5 TON outside heat pump, model TWR018C100A1.

I want to see about using this outside heatpump on the following indoor air handler located in my attic:

General Electric BWH030A100A0, serial 375343018

How can I find out if the heat pump will work with that air handler/heater?

Thanks

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You have a 1½ ton heat pump and a 2½ ton air handler. Don't even think about trying to match those!@

In addition, I don't know the respective age or SEER ratings, but if the heat pump is a newer 13 SEER, and the air handler is not, that is a NO GO regardless of ton match.

rcfunk

Reaction score
Thanks I was afraid of that. The air handler mentioned above went to an older 83 model GE heat pump, 6 seer I beleive.

The Trane mentioned above is a 10 seer.

Any recommendations on a simple air handler/heater for this Trane XE1000 model heat pump? This is for an upstairs of a two story house, around 1000 sq. feet for the upstairs.

Thanks

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
You need to have a Trane factory installer contact Trane for an ARI match for that heat pump. They can probably recommend a 13 SEER coil model which will match up with it. It might turn out to be a 2 ton 13 SEER coil, but get the straight poop from a good contractor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks