(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Single Handle Shower Head Dripping

Default Single Handle Shower Head Dripping

Hello, All:

I have a stall shower (house built in 02) with the head dripping and the handle hard to shut off completely. This is a single handle controlling both cold and hot water (no pull-push). Try to fix it myself, but have not been successful. Could anyone here offer some help, please? Attached are some pictures for your reference.

Thank you and any help is greatly appreciated.

Joe
    Attached Images Attached Images     

Moen positemp. Should pull straight out, now that you have removed the horseshoe clip. If it is stuck, you might need the moen cartridge puller tool.

Hi, Jimbo:

Thank you very much for your reply, I appreciated it greatly. With the help from you, I was able to use a special tool to get the cartriage out. Replaced the O-rings and grommets on both sides with silicone oil lubricated. Placed the cartriage back in, but I still have the same problem of dripping. Any ideas? Should I replace the whole cartriage? Is that the problem?

Thank you again.

Joe

Illinois Licensed Plumber SewerRatz's Avatar

Replace the whole cartridge, You can call 1-800 BUY- MOEN and tell them about your faucet and they will send you the parts for free.
    Last edited by Terry; 08-10-2009 at 12:25 AM.

Default moen

The OUTSIDE "O" rings are not where the leak is. ANd, you cannot easily replace the inside ones.