Toto Eco Drake No Longer Flushing Properly

Users who are viewing this thread

KevinB

Reaction score
Toto Eco Drake No Longer Flushing Properly - Problem Solved!

Last year when our town was offering green rebates, we changed out all three toilets in our house to be the TOTO Eco CEFIONTECT Drake Two Piece Elongated Toilet, model# CST744EG. They have been awesome - saves water and not a single clog.

However, just recently I think my wife found a way to clog the one in the upstairs master bath. I have plunged it which has helped clear it and used a hand auger as well but it still does flush right with the power it used to. Water kind of sits in the bowl and tries to drain as an after thought .. think of gurgle gurgle at end instead of whoosh at the beginning.

Before I call a plumber, trying to get ideas on whether this is more likely something still clogged in the toilet or drain pipe, or if it could be the pump unit in the tank or even something else. Also, what is the white plastic clip for that is on the pump in the tank?

Any suggestions or guidance is appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
gi_joe.jpg

It could be something in the trapway that was dropped in.
Sometimes you have to pull the bowl, and remove from the bottom end.

Or sometimes you can push the item right on through using one of these.

auger_01.jpg

KevinB

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick reply. 99.99% sure we have no action figures in there :D guess I'll try a 6' long auger .. one I had with my old toilets was only 3' long ..

KevinB

Reaction score
Woo hoo .. success. The 6' auger worked. Had a couple of Q-tips clogging it .. the blue/green plastic kind (not paper). Back in business ... whoosh!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
That's a lesson for everyone...nothing into the toilet except paper and stuff from inside your body!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks