Toto Eco Drake - loud flush "finish"

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that after the Toto Eco Drake's flush is finished it has a loud "shquwap" noise. It's right at the end, after the tank has filled back up. I'm thinking it's the water turning off?

At any rate it's quite startling and I'm hoping someone can tell me how to fix it, or can tell me that they replaced a part(s) and it is not quiet.

Or maybe someone out there has another 1.28 GPF toilet that works as well as the Eco Drake only more quietly.

For anyone else who wants a quiet toilet the Toto Aqua is near silent (big or small flush) and it works great! - but personally I prefer the Eco Drake's 14 5/8 height over the Aqua's 15 1/4 inches.

Thank you for your help!
Charles

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
The loud gulp that you hear is the vacuum being broken as it starts sucking air since the water is now too low ... I would think there is a direct correlation to the volumn of this gulp and the strength of the flush. That's a good thing:D

Micp879

Reaction score
Hmmm, Im not so sure about that 99k. He says the sound is made right after the tank finishes filling back up, not at the end of flush itself. To me it sounds more like an issue with the fill valve maybe making some type of noise after it shuts off from filling the tank.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The older fill valves made by Korky for Toto are pretty quiet in operation. I've not experienced the newer style, so can't say. I'm not sure the older ones can be tweaked to balance the tank/bowl volumes to meet the 1.28g flush. A stock valve from a big box store will work, but the balance between the bowl/tank won't give you the stated flush volume.

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
Hmmm, Im not so sure about that 99k. He says the sound is made right after the tank finishes filling back up, not at the end of flush itself. To me it sounds more like an issue with the fill valve maybe making some type of noise after it shuts off from filling the tank.

Yeah I agree with you ... I skimmed it too quickly. Perhaps a hammer.

spiffee

Reaction score
We are having the same problem.

We just installed a new Eco-Drake elongated and are getting the loud slupring noice both at the beginning of the flush and the end of the flush. Does anyone know if this is normal or did we happen to get a defective unit? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks