Hydrant supply

Users who are viewing this thread

50cal

Reaction score
Hello,this is my first post and I will try to describe here what I am trying to do.We have been biulding a new home on a piece of property we have owned for quite a long time.To start out with we have a existing well drilled some ten years ago.We have operated it in the past turning a hydrant on and then the electric power(no pressure tank).Now I would like to hook the house up to the well.I have had two well contractors look at it and give proposals.After reading here it looks like to have it work properly the line needs to go up to the house and come back to the hydrants?Pressre tank will be at the house.Neither of the contractors mentioned this.Also the hydrants are in very different directions from the well.The well is 207 ft deep water table at 120 ft and it has a 2 hp pump.My question is should I be pointing this out to them or do they possibly have a different way of making the hydrants work?Thanks 50cal

Speedbump

Reaction score
I would imagine the pipe going to the house would be big enough to let water come backward from the tank to feed the hydrants. Just don't install any check valves anywhere. You have one in the pump and that's all you need anyway.

bob...

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
They will probably just tee the line at the well. One side of the tee goes to the house and tank, the other side to the hydrants. It would work much better and require a much smaller tank if a Cycle Stop Valve were installed at the well before the tee. Yeah and no extra check valves.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks