It seems that your generator's GFCI cannot be upstream of your whole house for reasons of capacitance and it wasn't meant to be used this way, anyway.
If you replace the gen's GFCI with one that trips at 30mA it will probably work but then you have to wire it such that you cannot be shocked by the gen's wiring. Once you get into the house it's OK.
1mA is detectible, 10mA is a painful shock, 100mA may be fatal, this thing would trip at 30mA.
Whatever config. you come up with using this generator may against someone's rule somewhere.
Last edited by Thatguy; 05-21-2009 at 09:32 AM.
Ok thanks Billy_Bob and Thatguy. I think that we have looked at all the different possibilities. We will decide what we will do.