Street 45/45 closet flange vs. spigot closet bend

Users who are viewing this thread

North Jersey

Reaction score
I'm finishing off my basement as a dedicated home theater, and I want to avoid building a soffit around my toilet plumbing. My floor joists are 2x8, and I have about a 4-1/2' run to the main stack. I'll be replacing the copper elbow that presently juts well below the joists.

What are the merits of using a spigot closet bend vs. a 45° closet flange with a street 45°?
https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17876

On a side note, to make the degree ° symbol you can use either use Alt+0176 (on the number pad only) or you can insert the symbol using Microsoft character map.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
opening

No advantage either way, at first. BUT, if you ever have a problem and have to redo it, the spigot closet bend will be faster and easier, especially if it is a 3"x4" spigot bend.

North Jersey

Reaction score
Does any manufacturer in particular make a closet bend that provides more clearance than the rest?

I'll be sloping down only about an inch over the four or five feet to the wall, but a 2x8 bay seems pretty shallow to me.

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
Same question for me! I may be coming up short on vertical clearance and I'm looking for the shallowest fitting possible...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks