Pot filler install

Users who are viewing this thread

Rockycmt

Reaction score
I am installing a cold water pot filler. It requires a "1 / 2 Inch IPS/NPT threaded stub-out". Anyone have a picture of this? I have the wall open so it will be an easy install. Just not clear on what this is.

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
You need a drop ear secured to some blocking in the wall with 1/2" copper or PEX supplying it. Depth of drop ear shouldn't be too critical. Just need to match up a nipple when the wall is up and tile or whatever the backsplash is is done. Then you just find the right length nipple for your pot filler connection to screw on to flush with the tile. Leave an 8" nipple capped in the drop ear for the time being while the wall is being completed for work to be done around it.

grohe-pot-filler.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks