(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How you get that %$#&$% riser out?

  1. #1

    Angry How you get that %$#&$% riser out?

    Replacing leaky corner shower on basement floor of 15 yr old house. Removed old setup and there's a 2" CI riser flush with the floor. No new corner shower available to fit drain location so trenched floor to position new drain with a jog of 5" or so over to the riser.

    Busted up the floor and the riser is inserted into a rubber adapter that is in what appears to be a 3" hubbed P trap. All I want to do is extract the riser from this rubber fitting, probably replace the rubber fitting, then go with PVC to new drain location a few inches away.

    I actually strapped this riser to my hydraulic floor jack and couldn't budge it. I can turn it with a pipe wrench and I can rock it back-n-forth - so I'm guessing this is a slip fit with no threads.

    Any tricks on how to yank this thing out?

  2. #2
    Moderator & Master Plumber hj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

    Default riser

    A friction/riser clamp around the pipe and TWO jacks one on either side. But you probably have to put something across the top of the P trap for the jacks to press against so they do not just lift the P trap.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts