Is 45 PSI at Point of Use (shower head) enough pressure?

Users who are viewing this thread

bradesp

Reaction score
I'm considering the installation of an electronic tankless water heater that allows GPM of approx. 3 GPM and constricts pressure to 45 PSI.

Is 45PSI "plenty" of pressure for a shower?

PS: This unit will only supply hot water for one bathroom, so there will not be other demands placed on the unit.

Thanks!

bradesp

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Those of us used to 65+ would find 45 a little low. Millions of folks around the country manage to survive with pressure as low or LOWER than 45. It's all relative.

Dangler

Reaction score
Its early in the morning, and I am just thinking, you have something in this device or in the water line near it that must restrict and even shut off the flow entirely to keep the pressure below 45 psi. Now I am assuming you will be taking a shower with some mixture of hot and cold water, and getting the temperature to stay "nice" may be hard to do unless the cold water goes through the same pressure reduction.

Make sure that first shower is on video, the tape could be worth some money.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks