Eco Drake Insulated?

Users who are viewing this thread

brad_j

Reaction score
Do they make a model like this. The Eco Drake I have now works great, but condensation is an issue and thought I'd get the insulated.

Is there an easy way to properly insulate my current Eco Drake?

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
They do not make an Eco insulated 1.28gpf model.
They do make the G-max ST743SD 1.6gpf.

They have generic insulation kits available in the big box stores you can modify to work you just have to check to make sure it doesn't get in the way.

Last edited:

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Ahhh the kids are still test flushing the toilet huh...
You must be going through a bunch of toilet paper.

Another option to cure the sweating tank is installing an Anti Sweat Valve in the feed to the toilet. The valve mixes a small quantity of hot water with the cold supplied and brings it up to ambient temperature to eliminate the sweating. This device is quite common on older homes in the northeast but virtually unheard of in some other areas of the country...
Price guestimate about $30.

WAS.jpg

Last edited:

brad_j

Reaction score
adjustable

Is this a fixed ratio of hot to cold?

My input water temp is 50˚F (10˚C).

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
They come fixed and adjustable...
I don't imagine being a distance away is bad as long as the water in the pipes will not cool back off below the temperature inside the house...

brad_j

Reaction score

Does anyone have the insulated tank for the Drake? In my readings some have said that over time the insulation begins to break off and cause problems.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There would be no reason for the insulation to give problems.

You may have seen comments about makeshift homeowner installations of Styrofoam, but the factory tank looks dang good.

I sell a few of them.

I've also seen other brands of insulated tanks that were factory jobs years down the road that looked good.

A factory insulated tank isn't going to be a problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks