Price Pfister single handle kitchen faucet - sticky lever

Users who are viewing this thread

Probedude

Reaction score
I've got a Price Pfister single handle kitchen faucet with ceramic valve innards that 'sticks' when you try to operate it. Makes trying to get the flow you want challenging as the lever sticks - breaks free - sticks - breaks free as you try to adjust flow.

It's as if the ceramic sliding discs are too smooth and stick together (at least when I've had it apart and just sliding them with my hands this too is what's happening).

Is the mating surface between the two discs supposed to be lubed? If so, what kind of lube?

I'm tempted to replace this with a single handle Delta.

TIA,
Dave

Shacko

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter
Reaction score
Ceramic Discs

Get yourself some water proof plumbers grease and put a light coat on the disc and see if that helps. if not you may have to replace them, luck. :)

Probedude

Reaction score
Call 1-800-PFAUCET and have them send you a new stem/core.

It came with the house, I'm not the original purchaser, don't have the receipt and their 'model # lookup' help on their website didn't help me pinpoint the model.

Will they still send parts out if I eventually figure out the model # with no receipt and not being the original purchaser?

Dave

Probedude

Reaction score
update:

Took it apart again today and used Dow Corning 111 valve lubricant on it.
It works like a dream now!

Wife didn't know why I was fixing it until I asked her to give it a try after I put it back together.

"WOW!" was her response. The different is night vs day.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

They may ask, but do not check who originally owned the faucet, and they can usually determine the model from your description of it to them. No receipt or proof of purchase is needed.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks