Submersible pump questions

Users who are viewing this thread

halfton420

Reaction score
Hi all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have a question about my submersible well pump. I thought i had a leak in my water line from the well to the house (approx. 400ft) so i pulled apart the piping in the house upstream of my pressure tank, installed a digital deadweight pressure gauge onto the line and pressured the line up by quickly turning the breaker on and off for my submersible pump. I pressured the line up to 88psig on the guage it quickly dropped down to 63psig over the course of another 1.5 hours it has dropped down to 50psig. I also tried testing the system ealier by shutting off the water supply to the house after the pressure tank and using the gauge on the pressure tank as an indicator. When I did this the gauge went up to 40psi, the pump kicked out and over the course of 36 hours the pressure dropped down to 20psig. I don't have the best water from this well (dirty and rusty, high in iron) and no idea what kind of pump is in the well as it was installed before I purchased the place. My thought is the water pressure must be leaking back thru my pump until it get's to a lower and pressure and can't overcome the well pressure to back flow anymore. Even if I had a pinhole leak in my pipe running from the well to the house it should leak down to pretty well zero in 36 hours right?! The piping coming from the well to the house is 1" ID black PVC buried 8' in the ground. When everything was set up normally the pump was not kicking on and off alot only when water was demanded (faucet, toilet, dishwasher etc.)

Great sight by the way.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks