Enclosed double vanity drain/vent

Users who are viewing this thread

Zxed

Reaction score
Im finally ready to hook my enclosed double vanity up.

i have attached a diagram

A is a 90 deg hubxhub TY
B is a long 90 deg elbow
C is a sanitee (can also be swapped with a A?)
most black lines are studs., 2x4's
red is existing drain
blue is vent (blue attached to red/c which goes all the way up was existing)

the vanity is a fully enclosed double vaniy, and each section under the sink is seperated by a wall (cabinets/storage) so the drains need to connect in wall..

I did search and see that another way i could have set this up was if i used a 4-way sanitee in the middle, branched left and right for the drains and simpy gone down and then left to hook to the drain... and vent would have been up and left... But i couldnt drill holes low enough, some sort of steel reinforcement? anyway.,

will the attached work? am i using the right connectors? i made sure i got the long 90's for proper flow and venting

Attachments

• DoubleVanity.jpg
    DoubleVanity.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1,803
Last edited:

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Way too many vents there. Don't know distances but you only need one of the lav vents.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

As long as you had to install the horzontal drain line, unless you were reusing one that originally just had one sink, there are at least two other ways I would do it that are much better than that one. You do not need the left hand vent, and, the way you have it connected, the center one is not doing anything except taking up space .

Zxed

Reaction score
grrrrrrrrrr!

Thank you all :)

Distance from vertical drain to rightmost elbow is about 7 feet

Also, couldn't find a cross at ********* checked 2 diff ones? Strange?
I made the mistake of cementing the a+a center piece, and the top left vent stuff. For some reason I missread or assumed that "more than 5 feet vent" and "each ptrap need vent" were advice that applied to my setup.

Is there any harm in having too much vent? Besides being too busy?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks