building-please help!

Users who are viewing this thread

dreamhome

Reaction score
My plumber who did my rough in set my pipes for an upstairs bathroom on the opposite end owhere he was suppose to.-I figure because their was only water for the refrigerators and hot water tanks on the other end. However, that plumber is no longer here ;-( Upstairs has not been finished out-either has downstairs -we just got in the dry. Will it be a big deal to run the plumbing upstairs about 50 feet to the other side? Would it be cheaper to somehow run other plumbing lines and cap off those? How would I go about that?
Please help-building has not been fun to say the least.

FloridaOrange

Plumbing Designer
Reaction score
It's kind of hard to understand your problem exactly.
It might or might not be a big deal to run plumbing 50', depends on structure. Maybe at that distance it would be easier to create another stack...then again, maybe not.
Need more information.

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
There is a plumber out there all to happy to take over wherever the situation was left off. I recommend that.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
questions

There is absolutely no way we can answer that question without seeing the building. But, there is NO WAY a competent plumber would do that. We do NOT install plumbing the way it is easiest. We install it the way the plans call for it, regardless of how difficult it might be. Either he was working from a set of plans and they should have been "flipped" or he bid the job too cheaply and knew he would be gone before anyone could catch the problem. Although most people would have detected it immediately when they went into where the bedroom was supposed to be and found piping for a bathroom.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks