Help ..no bites in waterheater formum

Users who are viewing this thread

benfoldin001

Reaction score
I posted this question in WH forum but no comments. Figured I try over here...Wondering if there's anyone with the same expirence and should I be worried....

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I had an AO Smith Vertex (GPHE 50) installed a couple ago weeks ago by a buddy who is a plumber. About week after installation I was checking the condensate loop off the Vent Attenuation Assembly(muffler?) which did contain water at the low end of the loop. When I shifted it around a bit it water started draining quickly down from the VAA and out the hose. To me it seemed like there was way to much water sitting up in the VAA and that it should drain out as condensate forms. As a note the VAA is installed horizontally, not vertically which is the preferred disposition.

Is this normal or should I be concerned about the condensate backing up into the blower?

I attached the linked to the instruction manual, on page 7 is the diagram for the condensate loop. The only thing we did differently is that the VAA loop is not tied into the other loops, as shown in the pic, instead it ties into the drain directly.

Thanks in advance for any feed back

http://www.hotwater.com/lit/im/res_gas/197423-002.pdf

NHmaster

Master Plumber
Reaction score
It needs to be installed as shown, failure to follow the instructions voids the warranty.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks