Advice on water tanks

Users who are viewing this thread

chitra0828

Reaction score
We need to replace our galvanized 120gsl water tank. I have 2 quotes both for Well Rite above ground water tanks. The WR 360 (Steel) tank and the FL 40 (fiber glass) tank. They are both 119 gals so a 1 for 1 replacement. I've been told that the inside of the FL 40 can be sharp (even if the outside is smooth), and so it can (over time) puncture the bladder bags, and rubber lining. The Steel tank will cost us about $200 more than the fiber glass tanks. We'll do it if we must, but i just wondered if any homeowner or professional out there could advice whether this info is infact correct, and whether we really are better off spending the extra $200 for the steel tank? Also, any thoughts on Wellrite v. WellExtrol tanks?

Thanks so much for your help in this matter.

Best Regards,
Chitra

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks