Turning on in ground sprinkler system for spring

Users who are viewing this thread

samsam21

Reaction score
I went through the process of turning on my in ground sprinkler system for the spring. After turning all appropriate valves on, I was ready to test my system. My system is designed to only run one station at a time. By the way, I have six stations. Once I got to station three, station two was suppose to shut off but, it did not. Then, I decided to turn the system power off to stop the water for station 2 but, it did not work. In order to get station 2 to turn off, I had to shut the main water line off in the house. Can you please tell what may be wrong with my sprinkler system? By the way, I have a Hunter Pro-C.

Duke76

Reaction score
I have had this happen to me as well. With help from others on this forum I was able to trace it back to dirt in the valve preventing the diaphram from closing. I opened up the problem-valve, removed the dirt and that solved the problem. Another time the diaphram was torn and needed to be replaced.

There is probably nothing wrong with the Hunter Pro-C.

Wet_Boots

Sprinkler Guy
Reaction score
If your zone valves don't have flow controls, this is about where you begin to wish they did.

PSLawnService

Reaction score
Did you try turning the water back on after zone 2 shut down?
Sometimes the valves will just stick the first time...if you are lucky.
Try cleaning the valve first (paying closes attention to be sure that the tube or passage way between the lower chamber and the upper chamber is open) and if that doesn't work rebuild the valve.
Your controller is most likely not the problem. If you suspect it is, disconnect the zone wire at the controller and see what happens. If the zone stays on, it is for sure not the problem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks