(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: True Union Ball Valves

Retired tool & Die and Mechanic Giles's Avatar

Default True Union Ball Valves

Are there any true union ball valves made in America? All I have found are from Communist China and are almost as hard to operate as my chinese valves that are about 5 years old. They are 1 1/2" valves for the return on my swimming pool.
    I am just fed-up with buying Chinese junk!
    If I can't find valves that can be operated by my wife, there is no need for me to change the ones I have.
    Am I wrong in assuming American made valves are available and are easier to operate?

Illinois Licensed Plumber SewerRatz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    Are there any true union ball valves made in America? All I have found are from Communist China and are almost as hard to operate as my chinese valves that are about 5 years old. They are 1 1/2" valves for the return on my swimming pool.
    I am just fed-up with buying Chinese junk!
    If I can't find valves that can be operated by my wife, there is no need for me to change the ones I have.
    Am I wrong in assuming American made valves are available and are easier to operate?
    May I point you to your older post http://www.terrylove.com/forums/show...on+Ball+Valves

Retired tool & Die and Mechanic Giles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SewerRatz View Post
    My apoligy for the duplicate post. I have had a death in the family and I completely forgot the first post. I even did a search and missed it!
    It could also be blamed on a "senior moment"
    Thanks for pointing this out.
    I will try to delete this post.

Illinois Licensed Plumber SewerRatz's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Giles View Post
    My apoligy for the duplicate post. I have had a death in the family and I completely forgot the first post. I even did a search and missed it!
    It could also be blamed on a "senior moment"
    Thanks for pointing this out.
    I will try to delete this post.
    Don't bother deleting the posts, mistakes happen. I was wondering why the duplicate post. My condolences to you and your family. I do hope the links posted are helpful.