American Standard Shower fittings and faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

Mahnrut

Reaction score
We are gutting and remodeling a shower bathroom and have found a style of fixtures we like in American Standard Green Tea Collection. I am a bit concerned as I can only find negative comments about American Standard bathroom fittings on websites. The bathroom is going to cost a lot before we get to the fixtures so although American Standard seems a bit less expensive than other makes and we are not averse to saving a bit we want quality fittings that will last especially for things like the thermostatic valve which is not so easily changed out. I have heard that AS are metal outside but the working parts (valves etc) are all plastic. If anyone has any experience with this make I would appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks

Herk

Plumber
Reaction score
AS and Kohler tub & shower valves are pretty similar. I don't much care for either of them. I have used a number of AS basin faucets and some sink faucets and they're OK. Basins are pretty good - sink faucets seem a bit tall and bouncy on a SS sink. Sometimes, the kitchen handles seem to be designed so they're hard to adjust once opened, but that's not uncommon in various new ones.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
If the quality control on the faucets are like they have on their toilets, forget 'em. Every plumber as his/her own favorite brands. FWIW, mine is Delta, but that is not to flame others. I've never had a bad experience with Delta.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Oh yipeeeeee!
The cycle is compleeeeeeeeeetttttttttttteeeeeeeeee.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks