(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Required clearance, between multiple flues.

Smile Required clearance, between multiple flues.

Required clearance, between multiple flues.

Is it ok to vent a water heater and 2 gas Furnaces through a roof side by side? The vents would be Spaced about 3 apart from each other? One would be gravity and the second would be Induced type B, and the third would be Induced PVC.

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Each manufacturer will have very specific directions in their installation manual about proximity of air intake to other (and their own) exhaust plus a relationship to operable windows and other obstructions. You need to consult those manuals for specific instructions.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by jadnashua View Post
    Each manufacturer will have very specific directions in their installation manual about proximity of air intake to other (and their own) exhaust plus a relationship to operable windows and other obstructions. You need to consult those manuals for specific instructions.
    Yes the instructions are quite specific. It says: Must be vented in accordance with ANSI Z223.1

Retired Defense Industry Engineer jadnashua's Avatar

Most I've dealt with have numerous pictures and drawings in the installation manual (not in the owner's manual) describing the do's and don'ts. Haven't tried searching for that spec...it might be on-line.
    Jim DeBruycker
    Important note - I'm not a pro
    Retired Defense Industry Engineer; Schluter 2.5-day Workshop Completed 2013, 2014