best paint

Users who are viewing this thread

Barry J

Reaction score
A couple of questions, what kind of paint is the best for hiding imperfections..flat or eggshell????

And does darker colors or lighter colors hide better???

Thanks

Barry

Frenchie

Jack of all trades
Reaction score
Flatter hides imperfections better. Color doesn't seem to make much difference, IMHO.

A darker color might hide them longer, I suppose - irregularities catch dust, and dust shows up more on light colors.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
paint

The less smooth or glossy the finished paint's surface, the better it will hide imperfections. But, the biggest revealer of imperfections will be a light placed close to the wall so that its light washes the wall's surface.

Prashster

Reaction score
flat hides better but semigloss stays clean longer.
Eggshell is usually viewed as the best homeowner compromise.
Personally, I like the 'scrubbable flats'. Benjamin Moore has something called Matte which is my personal fave, but SW and other co's have analagous products.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks