woodeye

Users who are viewing this thread

Speedbump

Reaction score
By just pumping the water from the hand pump until the water clears, your not doing any developing at all.

Sammy, how many of these 1-1/4" wells have you driven in your lifetime?

bob...

Speedbump

Reaction score
Well your a little bit under my number, but I just can't believe I have been doing it wrong all these years.

The best way for 4" and larger, in my opinion, is a J Tube and air.

I agree and pumping with air is very similar to pumping with a pump. You are moving the water through the screen from outside to inside and up the casing. The fines come through and the larger particles gather up around the screen and act like a small gravel pack to allow more water through the openings in the screen.

I think we are on same chapter, just a different page.

bob...

Speedbump

Reaction score
To each his own. I have had great success doing it the same old way for many years. I never ownen a rotary, so I never owned a compresser. Pumping with a Bremer and Plunger always made a good well for me. As far as pulling and letting a column of water fall, that's the same as surging for the most part, and even though I did try it on a few stubborn aquifers, it proved to be totally inefficient for me.

You can read the Army Corp of Engineers handbook too if you like, but I think you'll find out that experience in your own area is the best teacher.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks