well water?

Users who are viewing this thread

blueridge

Reaction score
Last week wife was washing dishes and water quit, i hit the reset on the pressure switch and it filled back up, about an hour later I noticed no water again. I checked the pressure tank and it had 2 psi. I filled to 28. reset switch and filled back with water. next day no water again. i took pressure switch off and checked the T going into the pressure tank, it had sediment and goo in it so I replaced the T , the pressure tank(20 gal) and the switch(30-50). after that the pump would cut on at 30 off at 40 1 min later cut back on run to 50 and cut off. Someone told me my pump was overheating, so I pulled the pump and replaced it (submersible 1 HP) For a day after the pump was replaced everthing was good. Then no water again. I flipped the switch on the pressure switch and it filled back up. about 24 hours later the same thing happened again. The first time it happened my wife had been washing clothes ( 6 loads) that had built up for the week and I figured it had just run our well storage down.the second time (24 hrs later) no one had been there all down and she started a load of clothes and it quit. I have noticed that when you run the faucet the water pulsates alittle.:confused:

Speedbump

Reaction score
Just think if you had called a pro how much money and grief you would have saved. Sounds like all you have done is replace all the pertinent devices and haven't fixed anything.

It sounds like you have a low pressure cut off switch and a low producing well. The M4 switch you have would have been a pro's first clue that your well didn't keep up with demand.

bob...

Drick

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just think if you had called a pro how much money and grief you would have saved.

I think just about every DIYer has been there at one time or another. Your out some time and money, but you learn something and the next time you'll be better prepared to deal with it (You hope).

-rick

Speedbump

Reaction score
I'm not so sure, what has he learned so far? The system is still doing the same thing with all this new equipment.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks