Lake home well

Users who are viewing this thread

Necoman

Reaction score
I have a lake home in central mn. The well is about 75 feet from the lake. The lake is a very clean and clear lake. I have a well in the basement. The basement is only about 4 feet above the lake level. My well is 27 feet deep with 23 feet of water in the 1-1/4" pipe. When checking the well depth, I noticed the rod I was using had a suction / sticky feel when pulling from the bottom of the well. I am assuming this is silt/sand from over the years. This well is about 40 years old. The sand point is probably brass which was widely used back then.
I have never had a water supply issue, however the water does have a very high iron content.
I want to pull the well and replace the sandpoint.
My question is: Would it be beneficial to drive the well deeper ? Could that help my water clarity/iron issue? Or am I too deep already with 23 feet of water in the pipe? The lake has a maximum depth of about 30 feet.
Whats your opinion?
Thanks, Bill

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks