Assistance ASAP please

Users who are viewing this thread

brad_j

Reaction score
Just picked up my Drake. However, in looking over the boxes I found the following numbers:

Drake C744E #1 on the toilet bowl
Eco Drake ST743E #1 on the tank.

When ordering I asked for the CST744S which I understand is the 1.6 gallon model.

I pointed this out to the buy at the desk and he said that they don't make the CST744S anymore because of mandates from the government that are coming. Therefore, TOTO just went ahead and changed everything to the 1.28 gallon models.

First, is this true?
Second, are the dimensions, etc, the same as the CST744S
Third, should I just keep this even though it isn't what I ordered.
Fourth, is the E-Max flush the same as the G-max?

I'd like to get this installed today so any insight is appreciated. Thanks.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
C744E is the same bowl for both the E-max & G-max.
ST743E is the 1.28 gpf tank (E-max)
ST743S is the 1.60 gpf tank (g-max)

They have added a float on top of the G-max flapper to close it quicker changing it to a 1.28 gpf tank.

Will they discontinue it down the road probably but i don't see it happening soon.
The dimensions are all the same.
I would keep what you have and you may get a higher rebate (depending on your cities program) if you don't find it flushes enough you can remove the float it's really easy.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The bowl can be used for both.

We carry both E and S tanks.

However, the E tanks work fine.
If you think you need the occasional extra water, it's easy to just hold the handle down a bit.

Changing the flapper turns it back into a 1.6
But I would leave well enough alone.
I sell equal numbers of both tanks, and everyone is happy.
Well, close to equal, 42% are the E tanks in the last two months.

Last edited:

CattleDog

Reaction score
E-max flapper or conversion float

Is anyone aware of a way to purchase the e-max flapper, or the float to convert a g-max to the 1.28.

Thanks.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
If the tank is supplying 1.28gpf and the bowl is made to accept 1.6gpf there may not be enough water to fully remove all waste from the bowl.

That is why the Aquia dual flush has such a small water surface in the bowl because it has to clear the bowl with only .9 gpf.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks