New install

Users who are viewing this thread

RTP

Reaction score
I am currently installing my sprinkler system. The most outer zone is at the end of a 200' main line. I would like to be able to blow this out myself at years end. My question is there a blow out valve or something I can install at this zone so I can attach my air compressor there to blow that zone out?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't think there is an automatic valve that would open to air pressure but not to water pressure. All you need to do is put a regular ball valve on the end of the line. You didn't say what size the line is, but that's a pretty long piece of pipe to blow with a home size compressor. I have 4 zones that I blow with my 60 gallon tank, but I use two tank fills to do it, The pipes range from 1-1/2" to 3/4" and maximum length is about 150 feet.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Guess I didn't read you question quite right. You can make a valve that will work using adapters and reducers. You will need to figure out how to connect to the water line, but that's just a matter of a valve and some fittings.

PSLawnService

Reaction score
Extend the irrigation line past the last head. At that point install a valve box to accomodate a garden hose connection attached to the irrigation line. Using adapters, connect your air compressor at that point. Keep your air pressure at around 50-60 PSI for 4-6 minutes. This is only an idea. I would be mildly concerned about having pressure introduce into the line on the opposite side of the underground control valve.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks