Water Ridge faucets and Costco???

Users who are viewing this thread

Chris Fox

Reaction score
Costco is selling a really ncie lookign industrial style kitchen faucet for $150 - I never heard of this brand but found its made by Danze specifically for Costco.
Online reviews are pretty good - positive for quality and customer service and lacks installation.
Has anyone installed one own or installed one of the WR faucets? I am skeptical because of the price especially for a kitchen(everday use). But I have Danze products and happy with quality inside and out(so far).
I trust and appreciate the comments and suggestion on this forum so you guys are my deciding factor.
We are looking at a higher priced Tosca brand but I would love to save some money(in this economy) for good quality lower priced contender.

thanks
Chris

Micp879

Reaction score
I dont think you will find many plumbers on this site that are big fans of water ridge fixtures. I think there is concern regarding the quality, as well as the ability to get replacement parts; but I could be wrong. I do know that most plumbers dont like have to keep going back to the residence (or the store for that matter) to deal with a defective or cheaply made fixture. That being said, I recently purchased a water ridge faucet, just because of the Costco no hassle return policy. I figure maybe Ill luck out and be pleasantly surprised with a quality faucet at a good price. If not, Ill just take it back to Costco at any time, and get my money back. I figured it was worth the risk. I go to Costco weekly anyway.

Jay Mpls

Master plumber
Reaction score
It is only a bargain until you can not fix it.Then it becomes disposable!
I lean on Moens quite a bit.Let us know what you end up doing!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Danze, Water Ridge, Pegasus, Glacier Bay...
Not much difference between any of them...

Please reconsider your purchase and get something that you won't have to speak fluent Szechuan Chinese to obtain repair parts.

Perhaps Moen, Delta, or, Price Pfister would be something you should consider.

Please enjoy this picture of a Chinese Junk sailing on Hong Cong Harbor while you ponder your purchase options...

83.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Standard book time to replace a kitchen faucet is 1.5 or more hours.

If installation time, and driving time, and waiting in line for a refund are not a problem for you, then I guess I would say that everyone has to have a hobby.

People that do this for a living don't have that luxury.

And when you call for that part in a few years,

Good Luck

Here is my last experience with an owner supplied Danze faucet. I lost a week on the job while the homeowner ordered a new drain, and then she blamed me for the lost time. It was her faucet.

The Case of the Man Eating Dog

Oh yes, I forgot, I had a WaterRidge faucet in this house when I moved in. (2006)
Everyone kept asking me go get rid of it.
It was that bad. Very weak spray.

One of my friends in Bellevue has a WaterRidge kitchen faucet too that is fairlly new, (2010)
The spray from the head is uneven.

The point is, every month a "WaterRidge" faucet can be entirely differnet depending on where the buyer found his deal. You have to buy it and install it to find out. And if your time isn't worth much, then so be it. The only time you will know if it was a good idea or not, is after it's installed, not before.

Last edited:

Chris Fox

Reaction score
thanks for the comments...

Yep I had read on alittle more after posting last night - more complaints had risen against this brand. However I was on the same thinking micpP879 - 1 year no hassle return at Costco cant beat it but the time to deal with it and being the most used water source in the house - kitchen. We decided not to buy the WR just because of the high use in the kitchen.

I have Danze Parma in the master bath no problems(yet) - they look and feel of quality but time will tell. Moens, PF and others just dont have the look that my wife likes. Kohler and Hansgrogh are too pricey.

Anyway, our other option is a SS pull out by Tosca, any concerns with these? Dont know much about these other than the nice looking design - is that all they are nice looking design??

In regards to the boat in Hong Kong harbor - I bet there are far more CFL light bulbs lining the haul of the boat than Global Union hardware due to US "green" marketing scheme - basically lining the chinese pockets since I read that all CFL bulbs are chinese made.

Chris

Joewalbran

Reaction score
WR OK so far

Put in a Wr 3 hole lav faucet here at home last month. Works smoothly. Looks very good.
I was a little put off by the fact it uses hose [instead of solid] connections from faucets to central spout, but perhaps that is common these day.
Basic install was easy, though doing it as a replacement under a previously installed undermount sink called for gymnastics and a 3' X 5' foam pad.
The directions were sparse.
The drain rod must pass through the base of the faucet, Under the overarching faucet. Awkward,. AND scrapes on the hole in the counter top.
SHe likes the thing.

ilya

In the Trades
Reaction score
I once installed a pair of Glacier Bay shower fixtures for a client who'd bought them himself. One of the cartridges had the flat on the stem positioned differently from the other.When I called tech support, "Bob", (with an Indian accent) took 20 min to conclude that I needed a new stem. He promised shipment in 5-7 days. It took 2 months. Home Cheapo didn't carry it, of course. Nuff said?

Pirretti1

Reaction score
Hi, I bought the WR kitchen water faucet from Costco. I had a service contract person come out today for other problems and I was told that if my faucet ever leaks, it will not be covered because it is European. I love the faucet but thought I would warn others that it may not be covered by their service contracts. So far, after one month, so good.:) Lin

Pirretti1

Reaction score
Does Danze make Water Ridge facuets? I was told that my Costco WR faucet is not covered by my service contract because it is European. Has anyone had a problem with their WR faucets? Thanks, Lin

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Water Ridge could be made anywhere.

It's a house brand that Costco slaps on a product that they got a good buy on.
It's not real hard to make a box with your name on it.
I get offers from China all the time to do the same thing.

Keep the paperwork, they change the manufacturer all the time, and finding parts later can be a real bear.

The name Water Ridge doesn't really help them find a part.

Last edited:

Omega29

Reaction score
In 2004 we bought an inexpensive WR Kitchen Faucet @ Costco for $54.99. It was intended to only serve until the 'permanent' faucets would be delivered. Now, more than 6 years later this WR faucet (attached to a sink in a mud room) is still working perfectly and will not be replaced with anything soon.
I want to point out, that in August of 2001 we installed a Grohe 33759 KDO stainless Steel Lady Lux Plus kitchen faucet @ $464.25 . It has a life-warranty. 10 days ago it broke down for the third time; as of today we are still waiting for the replacement faucet.
The local Grohe representative does no longer recommend the company - the price does not mach the quality.
For one $464.25 Grohe faucet we can buy 8.44 faucets from WR - hopefully still available at Costo.
Be brave; try Costco's faucet. If something should go wrong, Costco will replace the faucet or return the money to you.

Nortap1

Reaction score
Quite happy with Costco's Water Ridge. Had the faucet for over 7 year now. Can't beat the $60.00 price tag. I had gotten so mad at my wife one time that I slammed something in the sink and damage the water spout portion of the faucet. They sent me another assembly with out any hazzle. The only problem with the specific faucet I have is that the handle is quite heavy and every time you want to set it to low, it would shut off. The newer model has a smaller handle and is a better balanced. Pretty smooth operation without any leaks. Hope you have the same experience. New SKU at Cotsco is WR609030 at $79.00.

Madonna494

Reaction score
My husband just put in WR faucet (Costco)...in our kitchen.....looks great....I,love it and so far no complaints and the price....I think around 150. It sure beats the last one we had at over 600.! And as a lifetime warranty on all parts..

Speede541

Reaction score
Hey all, I just wanted to add my experience to this ages-old thread, since it continually came up on the top of my search results when I was looking for parts for a Water Ridge (I think) faucet.

We've owned a Water Ridge kitchen faucet since about 1998, as best I can determine: no receipt, no manual, no box, just recollection.

In fact, I couldn't even determine what model of faucet we own. I poured through literally hundreds of Google image search results of various search terms, and not once did our ancient unit turn up.

So I called the 866-789-2273 number, which is a Costco-specific number. I explained that the sprayer head was acting up, that it would revert to a drizzle and make a loud cavitating noise, and that I had no idea what model it is.

The tech had me send photos to support@globeunion.com. That was 7 days ago; today, an entire new spray head landed on my doorstep, no charge (although I still have no idea what model we own).

It's hard for me to find fault with service like that. This particular faucet is installed in a rental, and at the risk of sounding snobbish, I'll stick with the established brands for our own home. There are definitely build quality, finish, and small parts availability to consider, as well. But the good news is that Costco / Water Ridge / Globe Union / Danze managed to support an inexpensive faucet about 15 years after the fact.

Renovation Guru

Pro Renovator
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
I personally have never owned a Water Ridge faucet, but have owned and installed many faucets by Danze. I have installed a couple of Water Ridge faucets and can say that I've never had a client call me with an issue. I had one issue with a Danze Parma tub/shower faucet and Danze sent out not only a replacement cartridge, but the whole assembly! I was in Costco last night looking at the Water Ridge and Hansgrohe faucets. Of course, I would pick the Hansgrohe Allegro faucet @ $250/going on sale for $200 in a couple of days over the Water Ridge, but if you don't have a lot of money to spend, I see nothing wrong with them. As for the Master Plumbers on here, of course, we all have our favorites. I prefer Italian and German quality to anything U.S.(which are mostly made in Mexico and CHINA now)! So please, an American company does not mean an American product. Faucets today are made for quick/easy installation. Even a novice can install a new faucet in less than 30 minutes. All of us in the "trades" want to keep working, but for people that can DIY and save a few dollars, good luck and personally, I change out my faucets every 5-10 years anyway because I want new design options...
I saw a Water Ridge 2 piece toilet in Costco for $85 with a self-closing seat and think I'm going to replace my $300 American Standard which has had horrible flushing performance compared to my Kohler(which I love). But, for $85 bucks and 30 minutes of my time...I'll take my chance. Never know, I've been pleasantly surprised before and disappointed by things costing waaaay more.

Junemo

Reaction score
My husband bought a Water Ridge from Costco last week. We loved it for the coiled look sprayer, and the height to accommodate tall pots in the sink. After installing the faucet it worked wonderfully...except for the continuous fast drip that started happening when we shut it off. Despite my husband's tweaking and adjusting, it still continued to drip. He called the Water Ridge service department and the lady at the service centre indicated that it may have been sitting in the warehouse too long. This was surprising since there's a 25 year limited warranty on the faucet, and it could become defective from "sitting in the warehouse too long". They quickly sent him a replacement cartridge to be installed in the handle. Much to our relief, the dripping stopped immediately after installing the cartridge...or so we thought. Then a few minutes later, we started hearing a howling noise coming from under the sink and a fast flow of water started rushing out from under the cupboard door. THIS WAS IT! After we finished cursing the faucet and the company, my husband quickly uninstalled the faucet, backed it neatly in it's box, and took it back to Costco the next day. We ended up purchasing a Delta faucet from Lowes, and has been working like a dream ever since, with no drips, leaks, or floods. Buyer beware of this brand! It may look nice at the store, but that's as far as it goes!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks