(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Water Ridge faucets and Costco???

Quite happy with Costco's Water Ridge. Had the faucet for over 7 year now. Can't beat the $60.00 price tag. I had gotten so mad at my wife one time that I slammed something in the sink and damage the water spout portion of the faucet. They sent me another assembly with out any hazzle. The only problem with the specific faucet I have is that the handle is quite heavy and every time you want to set it to low, it would shut off. The newer model has a smaller handle and is a better balanced. Pretty smooth operation without any leaks. Hope you have the same experience. New SKU at Cotsco is WR609030 at $79.00.

My husband just put in WR faucet (Costco)...in our kitchen.....looks great....I,love it and so far no complaints and the price....I think around 150. It sure beats the last one we had at over 600.! And as a lifetime warranty on all parts..

Hey all, I just wanted to add my experience to this ages-old thread, since it continually came up on the top of my search results when I was looking for parts for a Water Ridge (I think) faucet.

We've owned a Water Ridge kitchen faucet since about 1998, as best I can determine: no receipt, no manual, no box, just recollection.

In fact, I couldn't even determine what model of faucet we own. I poured through literally hundreds of Google image search results of various search terms, and not once did our ancient unit turn up.

So I called the 866-789-2273 number, which is a Costco-specific number. I explained that the sprayer head was acting up, that it would revert to a drizzle and make a loud cavitating noise, and that I had no idea what model it is.

The tech had me send photos to support@globeunion.com. That was 7 days ago; today, an entire new spray head landed on my doorstep, no charge (although I still have no idea what model we own).

It's hard for me to find fault with service like that. This particular faucet is installed in a rental, and at the risk of sounding snobbish, I'll stick with the established brands for our own home. There are definitely build quality, finish, and small parts availability to consider, as well. But the good news is that Costco / Water Ridge / Globe Union / Danze managed to support an inexpensive faucet about 15 years after the fact.

I personally have never owned a Water Ridge faucet, but have owned and installed many faucets by Danze. I have installed a couple of Water Ridge faucets and can say that I've never had a client call me with an issue. I had one issue with a Danze Parma tub/shower faucet and Danze sent out not only a replacement cartridge, but the whole assembly! I was in Costco last night looking at the Water Ridge and Hansgrohe faucets. Of course, I would pick the Hansgrohe Allegro faucet @ $250/going on sale for $200 in a couple of days over the Water Ridge, but if you don't have a lot of money to spend, I see nothing wrong with them. As for the Master Plumbers on here, of course, we all have our favorites. I prefer Italian and German quality to anything U.S.(which are mostly made in Mexico and CHINA now)! So please, an American company does not mean an American product. Faucets today are made for quick/easy installation. Even a novice can install a new faucet in less than 30 minutes. All of us in the "trades" want to keep working, but for people that can DIY and save a few dollars, good luck and personally, I change out my faucets every 5-10 years anyway because I want new design options...
    I saw a Water Ridge 2 piece toilet in Costco for $85 with a self-closing seat and think I'm going to replace my $300 American Standard which has had horrible flushing performance compared to my Kohler(which I love). But, for $85 bucks and 30 minutes of my time...I'll take my chance. Never know, I've been pleasantly surprised before and disappointed by things costing waaaay more.

My husband bought a Water Ridge from Costco last week. We loved it for the coiled look sprayer, and the height to accommodate tall pots in the sink. After installing the faucet it worked wonderfully...except for the continuous fast drip that started happening when we shut it off. Despite my husband's tweaking and adjusting, it still continued to drip. He called the Water Ridge service department and the lady at the service centre indicated that it may have been sitting in the warehouse too long. This was surprising since there's a 25 year limited warranty on the faucet, and it could become defective from "sitting in the warehouse too long". They quickly sent him a replacement cartridge to be installed in the handle. Much to our relief, the dripping stopped immediately after installing the cartridge...or so we thought. Then a few minutes later, we started hearing a howling noise coming from under the sink and a fast flow of water started rushing out from under the cupboard door. THIS WAS IT! After we finished cursing the faucet and the company, my husband quickly uninstalled the faucet, backed it neatly in it's box, and took it back to Costco the next day. We ended up purchasing a Delta faucet from Lowes, and has been working like a dream ever since, with no drips, leaks, or floods. Buyer beware of this brand! It may look nice at the store, but that's as far as it goes!