Help with Kohler Shower Drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Violin

Reaction score
I am using this Kohler K-9136 tile-in shower drain:
aaa90078.jpg

http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/detail.jsp?item=13190702

Installation instructions: http://www.us.kohler.com/onlinecatalog/pdf/1090854_2.pdf

I think this is made to be solvent welded to schedule 40 PVC but the fit is very loose with either 2" pipe inside or 3" outside. I'm afraid it will leak.

Am I missing something? :confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
It should not be loose. Do you have 40 SCH PVC that you are connecting to¿ Did you plumb the shower¿ PVC comes in thin wall but would be a gross oversight by a plumber to have run the drain in such pipe.

Violin

Reaction score
I plumbed the drain using standard PVC and have access to it through a crawl space.

I'm not a plumber, but a pretty experienced do-it-yourselfer.

With either 2" or 3", the fit is not at all snug and the fitting can fall right off.

Kingsotall

Plunger/TurdPuncher
Reaction score
You don't have a way to test the fit on ABS do you¿ I don't know why this would make a difference but it's worth a shot.

Violin

Reaction score
Not without buying a length of it. I've already built the shower pan around the Kohler drain.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks