Help on bathtub overflow cover

Users who are viewing this thread

Kylin

Reaction score
Hi,

We are moving in to a new house, and just noticed that the tubs are without overflow cover. I checked *********/Lowe's and can't find anything fit. They all have one or two screws and a gasket, while I can't find any place to screw on. The tube stick out looks like brass tube with a ring on it, which can be taken off.

BTW, the tubs do have foot stopper for the drain.

I am attaching a photo. Appreciate any advice can help!

watco-overflow.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
overflow

Not enough of a picture to tell whose it is, but it looks like it was a "pop up" drain and the overflow may have screwed on or fastened to a screw on adapter.

Kylin

Reaction score
On the foot drain it says "WMC 208".

Should I take the ring off and push the pipe in then add the adapter? It seems impossible to push it fully in.

Thanks!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

That "ring" is the locknut holding the overflow in place. You could drill and tap the back of the fitting and then use a one-hole overflow plate with a long bolt. You might have to cut some of the thread off it it prevents the overflow plate from contacting the tub.

Kylin

Reaction score
Redwood:
Thank you very much for the WATCO info! I finally have an idea of what to look for.

Mephitis

Reaction score
Bump. I have a similar problem, I inherited the rough plumbing and need the trim. WATCO says they did not make it, and indeed the catalog looks somewhat different. Photo attached. Anyone have any ideas? Note this is the overflow up on the vertical wall of the tub, not the drain in the floor. TIA

PICT0001.jpg

ergirl64

Reaction score
I Found the parts

Hello, I also have the same conection on my bathtub and needed the same part. I found where to get it. It is from Watco. I ordered the parts @ http://www.buyeagle.biz

The part number and name: Item No: 01004CP
Description: Watco - Innovator® Plastic Overflow Plate

Hope this helps

watco_innovator.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks