View down the well. What do you see?

Users who are viewing this thread

bonfis

Reaction score
I don't know if I'm looking at a pitless adapter (unit?) down my well. Any of you experienced well guys ever seen this setup? What is the bolt for and how would you pull the pump?

Attachments

• Well Shot1a.jpg
    Well Shot1a.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 2,091

Speedbump

Reaction score
I haven't used a pitless in over 25 years. So it may be just that. I wouldn't know. There are several different brands out there and drillers all have their favorite ones.

I don't know how to tell you to research it either.

bob...

mudpuppy

Reaction score
mudpuppy

How far down was the camera?
To me, it looks like it could be the top of a submersible with the drop pipe broken off.

bonfis

Reaction score
This is the view from the surface. The plate visible in the photo is about 5' below grade. The well dates back to 1967.

How far down was the camera?
To me, it looks like it could be the top of a submersible with the drop pipe broken off.

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
That is a pit-less adp.
The thing in the center is a thread protector. The well co. that set the pump has the tool to remove the plug, and screw in a piece of pipe to pull the pump out.

Travis

bonfis

Reaction score
thanks Travis. That makes sense to me. The thread protector looks like it has normal hex head bolt. I bet I could remove it with a socket if I had a long enough extension.

That is a pit-less adp.
The thing in the center is a thread protector. The well co. that set the pump has the tool to remove the plug, and screw in a piece of pipe to pull the pump out.

Travis

bonfis

Reaction score
Do you mean threading in a section of pipe and lifting the adapter free from the joint? I think the well is about 100' deep. Do you think pulling the pump by hand (2 guys) is realistic?

Remember, you have to get it out of the pitless pipe too.

Speedbump

Reaction score
Actually I meant the thread protector. Once you get it loose, you have to get it out of the pipe.

Lifting a pump by hand is not unrealistic, but it is a challenge. I don't know what kind of spool is down there under that thread protector, but I would guess there are a couple of O-rings that aren't going to come out real easy.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks