Bad flow at kitchen sink

Users who are viewing this thread

sprink

Reaction score
I have good water pressure but bad flow at my kitchen sink. I've checked all the obvious, replaced the faucet and still have not solved the problem. Plus the water only gets luke warm after a half hour of running with a hot water cirrculator. Where do I go next?

sprink

Reaction score
No, but I've inspected the hoses and I opened and closed the angle stops several times which was another suggestion. Since I moved in I've had bad flow at that sink. I replaced the faucet, installed a hot circ pump, checked the regulator, checked the valve at the street, tested the water pressure at the front and back of the house.

plumbingskool

Tradesman
Reaction score
What do you mean by "open and close"

This is what you need to do:

1) Disconnect the "speedys" or "Basin supplies" from the faucet leaving them connected to the angle stops.

2) Grab a 2 or 5 gallon bucket ( Mop Bucket works fine)

3) Point each supply line(speedy or basin supply) into the bucket and open that angle stop wide open and see how your pressure is, this is the only real way to see.

4) Do the hot and the cold side.

NOTE: If the water pressure is awesome or good using the method above then it is the faucet OR a problem with the faucet.

Did you install this faucet?

Is the faucet clogged with dope or debris?

sprink

Reaction score
Yes, I installed the faucet and no dope was needed. This was an existing problem which prompted the faucet replacement.
What I mean by open and close is opening and closing the angle stops. That was suggested by a plumber at work and also to check that the valve was fully open at the street.
Yes I do have awesome pressure at the basin supply.
Should I recheck the faucet?
The existing had the same problem.
In how many seconds should I get 2 gal at 60psi ? I'm guessing maybe 30 seconds with a 1/2 supply?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Nearly every faucet in the house is restricted by today's codes. There are exceptions: tub fillers, washing machine fillers, hose bibs.

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
You say you've checked the obvious - we are assuming you've taken the aerator off the faucet and cleaned it, right?

sprink

Reaction score
You were correct it was the faucet. It was the valve that supplies the spray head and the faucet. The valve was not opening fully to the faucet which explains why the spray seemed to be fine.
The aerator was the first thing I checked in the old faucet and in the new one I ditched the water saving washer with the 1/8 inch hole in it.
I got 5 gal in 30 sec at the basin supply
Thank you everyone

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks