pump sewage uphill... only 10' up and 200' away

Users who are viewing this thread

panahead

Reaction score
hi,
i am building a new cabin in the mountains and have a existing septic tank that is aprx. 200' from the new cabin and the new cabin is aprx. 10' below the grade of the existing septic tank... i am looking for the simplest... maintenance free way of connecting the new toilete to the existing septic tank... i am off grid and use solar and have a back up generator... but was wondering if there might be a system the uses water to pump it uphill to the tank instead of a electric pump? my water is via a spring with my holding tank aprx. 150' above the cabins... so i have around 80psi of water pressure... can anyone help me with some ideas? or do i have to go the route of the electric pump/macerator system? and if so any recommendation on the best system>
thanks in advance,
josh

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Build a second septic system...otherwise, you need to pump.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Install a tank with an ejector pump. Ensure you get one rated for the head and distance required. A lot of people like Zoeller. Pick a float switch that can be replaced without dismantling the pump housing. They will evenutally fail, and it's a dirty job...you don't really want to dismantle the motor to replace a switch. The waste flows into the tank. Then, when it gets high enough to trip the float switch, it pumps the tank out.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I would consider the last 2 to be the best sysems.
My personal favorite would be the Zoeller in the middle...

panahead

Reaction score
thanks for the help.... one last stupid question... my septic tank is aprx. 80' away from the toilette and it is aprx. 10' above the height of the floor of the bathroom... how o i figure that out? i can see the gallons per minute with the head or rise... but what about the length of the run?
thanks,
josh

and if i did go with a separate septic system how big a tank would i need... it is a small studio cabin with 1 toilette and the grey water goes out a separate drain.. maybe 1 to 2 persons max... and not there full time... is a 750 gallon tank adequate?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks