Shower shut-off at main shower/tub line

Users who are viewing this thread

shawn630

Reaction score
About a year ago, my plumber shut off the shower at the main shower/tub line because we never used the shower. Now I'm wanting to use the shower and don't know how to "undo" what he turned off. Any help with this??

Thanks

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
No way to tell without looking at it. It could be as simple as turning the knob, or lever, or he might have cut the lines and capped them (not as likely). If you can post a picture of the area where he did that, someone could probably help.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
shower

There may be internal valves behind the trim plate, or remote valves inside an access panel, but without pictures or being there we have no idea what he did.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I'd look in the access area in front of the tub. That's where the water lines come in and that's pretty much the only place the lines could have been capped. As others noted, it could be a couple of stop valves or the lines could be capped.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks