Over Drawing my Point?

Users who are viewing this thread

mrjaybov

Reaction score
I have a 2hp pump connected to my 2 inch well which is about 22ft down. My pressure keeps going up and down, I'm thinking lack of water. I have plenty of water in the point but not sure it can "refresh" itself fast enough for a 2hp pump. I have a extra 1/2 hp pump, could I hook that up to my 2 inch well with a 1 1/4 output or is it to small for that size well.to run a sprinking system? 7 zones, 5 heads per zone.

Speedbump

Reaction score
If this is a screened well, a two horse centrifugal is way too much pump. You would be lucky to get 20 gpm from a two inch screened well. A 1/2hp jet pump will produce around 10 gpm.

bob...

mrjaybov

Reaction score
What size pump would you recommend. I have an average of 5 heads per zone. Can a 1/2 hp pull enough water through a 2 inch well. Probably 5-6 feet of water in the pipe.

All I have is a 2 inch galv pipe hooked to a 2 inch point driven in the ground. Is that a "screened well" as you mentioned

Speedbump

Reaction score
Since you have this 2hp hooked to the well already and it's capable of pumping 50 gallons plus per minute, do a test and see how many gpm this well can do?

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks