(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Over Drawing my Point?

Default Over Drawing my Point?

I have a 2hp pump connected to my 2 inch well which is about 22ft down. My pressure keeps going up and down, I'm thinking lack of water. I have plenty of water in the point but not sure it can "refresh" itself fast enough for a 2hp pump. I have a extra 1/2 hp pump, could I hook that up to my 2 inch well with a 1 1/4 output or is it to small for that size well.to run a sprinking system? 7 zones, 5 heads per zone.

Previous member

If this is a screened well, a two horse centrifugal is way too much pump. You would be lucky to get 20 gpm from a two inch screened well. A 1/2hp jet pump will produce around 10 gpm.

bob...

What size pump would you recommend. I have an average of 5 heads per zone. Can a 1/2 hp pull enough water through a 2 inch well. Probably 5-6 feet of water in the pipe.

All I have is a 2 inch galv pipe hooked to a 2 inch point driven in the ground. Is that a "screened well" as you mentioned

Previous member

Since you have this 2hp hooked to the well already and it's capable of pumping 50 gallons plus per minute, do a test and see how many gpm this well can do?

bob...