(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Leaky and Ugly Faucets

Hybrid View

Default Leaky and Ugly Faucets

Hello to All. I am a new memeber and hope to find answers to a lot of questions in the future. I will be remodeling my basement and plumbing will be involved. I have done some plumbing, but not to the extent of what I am going to be doing in the near future. Here is my first question.

I just recently bought a house with some leaky shower faucets. My wife hates them. I have searched all over town for O rings, but nobody knows what type of faucets I have. Even if wanted to replace the complete faucet I would not be able to do that without knowing which manufacturer to choose from. I really do not want to tear up my wall to change out the fittings on the copper pipes. Does anybody recognize the manufacturer of this 1987 model faucets? The sink ones match the bath tub/shower faucets.

Thanks in adavance
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Master Plumber master plumber mark's Avatar
    indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of the brave....
    Blog Entries

Talking that is ugly

I have not got a clue...

change it out

Default faucet

That is a "third party" faucet, which could use a common base with their specialized trim, so you have to know who made the internals. It could be Central, Price Pfister, or someone else. Once you know that then you can find out if there are other parts still available to change it.

Thank you for the information I am a step closer than where I was. Do you think if I photographed the shower diverter you could possibly identy the internal part manufacturer? If so I will post the photograph no later than tomorrow.

Tim,

It is ashame to replace those faucets, I like them. Can't you talk your wife into keeping them and just fix them?

Cookie

Default diverter

The diverter is usually as distinctive as the stems, and easier to remove, so give us a picture and see what we can do with it.