Kitchen Faucet Wobbles

Users who are viewing this thread

ccorneil

Reaction score
I had a Grohe K4 gooseneck faucet installed on a 18 gauge drop in kitchen sink by a reputable plumber. It is very unstable (wobbles) so I am considering replacing it with a different faucet. I'm fairly certain that the size of the faucet wasn't meant to be installed on a drop in stainless sink. I am looking for a higher arch pull out faucet that will be stable. Are there any suggestions? :confused:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If the sink is flexing, another brand may not be much better. The longer the arm on the faucet, the bigger the lever, the easier it is to flex the sink. Make sure that the sink mounting clamps are tight and it can help to ensure you have a good bead of silicon under the rim gluing it to the countertop, but other than that, not much else.

It's possible that you just need to tighten the clamp holding the faucet in place - often that is a hexagonal shaft on Grohe faucets that you can either tighten with a socket wrench, or use a screwdriver in the slot in the end. Make sure that that is tight.

ccorneil

Reaction score
I will try and tighten the clamp holding the faucet in place. Thanks for the suggestion.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks