What kind of faucet/vanity can I possibly install here? w photos

Users who are viewing this thread

SnappleG

Reaction score
Hello everybody!

Can somebody please help me to figure out what I can install in this powder room? Thank you

We have an unfinished powder room in our house, and one of the plumbers who came to fix a couple of leaking faucets told me that we cannot just buy any faucet & vanity, because these pipes were installed for a specific set up. There is no way for me to contact those people who installed it & I would like to find out if there is any way for me to buy some faucet + vanity, which can be installed here or the plumber was right.

I measured the dimensions & I looked at the pipe's cap, which states "Canplas" made in Canada (this is the web site of that company)

If I mark upper narrow pipes 1,2,3 and the lower pipe, which I assume is a drain pipe will be #4, these are the dimensions:

#1, #3 from the wall till the tip = 4-1/8
#2 from the wall till the tip = 2 -1/4
#4 from the wall till the tip =7-1/8
the distance between #1 & 3= 8-1/8
the distance between #2 & 4= 20

the distance from #1, #2, #3 to the floor = 37 inches
from the drain pipe to the floor = 18 inches

520299816_FHhZN-XL.jpg

All other bathrooms in our house have a regular system with shut off valves located close to the drain plumbing
522551664_GzNEn-S.jpg

I think they (original owners) wanted to install some kind of 3 hole wall mount faucet... something like this (but 3 hole, instead of 2)
axolute-basin-1.jpg

I see Danze sells many wall mount faucets, but I don't know which one will fit our set up (if any)

For example, can I buy this one?
Danze D316440RB Fairmontâ„¢ Two Handle Wall Mount Lavatory Faucet
523918646_KTKdi-O.jpg

• 10" spout.
• Touch down drain assembly.
• Combination 1/2 copper sweat/IPS connection.
• 3 hole wall mount.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The drain is a standard 1.5" pipe. You can glue a slip joint adapter on and use a standard p-trap for the drain.

The faucet stems, you need to determine what handles would fit on those. They could be almost anything.

If it's older then two years old, then you can forget about the Danze.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sink

With that faucet you are limited to sinks without faucet openings or a vessel sink. NOTHING will fit that faucet except the parts made for it by the manufacturer. Even if you found other flanges and handles, the spout connection is unique to the manufacturer and there is little liklihood that anything else will fit.

SnappleG

Reaction score
The drain is a standard 1.5" pipe. You can glue a slip joint adapter on and use a standard p-trap for the drain.

The faucet stems, you need to determine what handles would fit on those. They could be almost anything.

If it's older then two years old, then you can forget about the Danze.

The house was built 5 years ago... no Danze for us

With that faucet you are limited to sinks without faucet openings or a vessel sink. NOTHING will fit that faucet except the parts made for it by the manufacturer. Even if you found other flanges and handles, the spout connection is unique to the manufacturer and there is little liklihood that anything else will fit.

Wow, what a predicament...

I naively assumed that there would be some kind of magic adapter, so we could fit all kind of different faucets... We have adapters for almost everything nowadays, why not for faucets?

It looks like I can use these ugly pipes as toilet paper holders for now :D

On a serious note, can anyone suggest what would be the easiest way to install any faucet there without smashing the tile? (if it is possible)
How much a job like that would approximately cost? TY

gpdewitt

Reaction score
Do you have access to the back side of this wall, is it interior? You may be able to change the faucet pipe to fit a different faucet from the back.
If not, and all else fails, perhaps you could remove a few tiles below the existing faucet pipes and change the configuration from this side. A vanity will cover the missing tiles. If the counter top material is chosen to go with the tile, and a small backsplash of the same material is added, it could cover the holes where the current faucet pipes were before you abandoned them and set up something lower. Standard vanity counter top height is 36".
Good luck.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

1. Nice tile job, now if the tile person had only done it correctly and left room around the stems so they could be removed when the faucet needs repairs, (or in this case so they could be removed and the manufacturer identified).

2. There is no "easy" way because the portion of the faucet inside the wall has to be changed in order to change the faucet.

3. Once the manufacturer is identified, and we or more likely a local specialty faucet supplier, would have to see the mechanism to do it, then you will know more about what your options are.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks