Quiet pump for pumping water from a concrete storage tank in the basement

Users who are viewing this thread

Luc

Reaction score
Is there any way to reduce the noise of a pump supplying water from a concrete storage tank? The storage tank is in the basement and we hear the pump vibrations on the floor above.

Luc

Waterwelldude

Well driller,pump repair. and septic installer
Reaction score
You could try setting the pump on a rubber pad, and where the pipe comes up from the pump. You could cut the pipe and place a rubber sleeve to tie it back together (If it is not under too much pressure). That would cut down on any noise that is being transmitted through the concrete.

Just a thought.

Travis

Luc

Reaction score
You could try setting the pump on a rubber pad, and where the pipe comes up from the pump. You could cut the pipe and place a rubber sleeve to tie it back together (If it is not under too much pressure). That would cut down on any noise that is being transmitted through the concrete.

Just a thought.

Travis

Thanks Waterwelldude. I might try this first before changing the pump. With time the pump has become more noisy. Must be the wear and tear.

Speedbump

Reaction score
You could take it to a motor shop and have the bearings changed.

The pump can lay on the bottom of the tank. I doubt you'll hear any noise from a sub in water.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks