Newbie: Simple Question on Shower Handles

Users who are viewing this thread

don't_know_how

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

First, I should let you know I have no clue what I am doing.

So with that out of the way, I'll explain what happened...

I had a large gathering with some friends this weekend. We played softball and afterwards planned on going out. At any rate, a bunch of these folks showered at my place after the game to get ready.

When I woke up yesterday morning to take my shower, I realized my shower handle is completely upside down, but it's intact perfectly to the wall like nothing ever happened. It's a single handle shower handle. The reason it matters that it's upside down is that I can only twist it to get luke warm or luke cold. It doesn't rotate to the same amount it did when it was rightside up.

I assume someone either
-pulled it off and reinstalled it upside down.
OR
-twisted it so hard that it went over the limit, rendering it upside down

...so here's the question...

Do I have to remove the handle to correct it? Or can I forcefully twist it to the correct position? If I have to remove the handle, can I just pull it off? From my research, I do realize there may be a allen skrew in there. But, I looked yesterday and didn't see anything, plus if there was one, how would one of my friends have been able to reinstall it so easily without any tools?... I'd prefer to not have to buy a set of allen wrenchs to correct the problem.

But, PLEASE any advice would help!

Thanks in advance.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I wish those links worked....
Try the manufacturer website vs. a sales website...
The forum filter gets rid of links to terrys competitors...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks