(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Swine Flue

Default Be Carefull

Unfortunately, nothing is perfect but imagine a world without vaccines.

True....

And then this...The state of NY was going to force all health care workers to receive the shot but the NY Supreme Court placed an injunction on it saying the director who ordered it over stepped his power when he ordered it...

The thing is they have no idea if the vaccine is safe because it has not been tested...

It is far worse to have flu ravage our nation.

When the Drug Industry and Government get together is is a recipe for disaster...

How can the CDC say vaccines need to be tested before being used but then turn around and say this new vaccine is OK without being tested...

It all has to do with $$$ not health....

This is when / how lots of people can be harmed...
    Last edited by Cass; 10-20-2009 at 06:52 AM.

I agree with you Cass, but still the vaccine might be the lessor of 2 evils.

I guess without testing the vaccine it is a toss of the coin...maybe yes maybe no...

Well, the flu is a guarantee it can hurt you.

So is the untested vaccine if you have a reaction to it...and will they tell us how many people have a bad reaction or will they sweep it under the rug...

Like they did with the shots they were giving the soldiers that received bad vaccine serum and are now debilitated for life....it also was not tested or not tested enough...it is a travesty

There were some problems with the vaccine in '76. I was in the Navy then, and never knew of any service members affected, but probably some where. Today's vaccine is much different.

And there is no free lunch in life. If a few hundred or a few thousand people world wide have some adverse reaction to the vaccine, mostly minor reactions, that is balanced by the tens of millions of people worldwide who will NOT DIE, because they are protected by the vaccine.

Back in the early '50s, my mom and others lived all summer in FEAR of polio...we couldn't go out in public, stayed away from the beach, etc. A little girl about 5 houses down the street died from polio, and I think my mom just prayed 24/7 for about a month so we woudn't get it. Seemed to work! The vaccine changed people's lives for the better.

I will be in line for the H1N1 as soon as they will let old farts get it. I would consider backhanding some young punks to get toward the front of the line if I could get away with it!!!!!

Personally I don't care what happens as long as receiving the vaccine is voluntary

One disease can lead to another. For instance Mono, which is caused by the Epstein Barr Virus, is linked to Lymphoma. So, in other words, if you have a greater chance of getting Lymphoma later in life. People tested with Lymphoma will test positive for EBV.

I am a firm believer of immunizations. You just don't know.

Jimbo, is so totally correct my friend.

I have a friend, Elizabeth, who is Amish. I am hesitant of visiting because they do not get any vaccinations. They have accepted me even though I am English as one of their own, and Elizabeth, has been wanting to play match-maker with her cousin. One, I don't think I look good plain and the red stilettos ( this is a joke) might be a problem, but no vaccines, you won't see me.

I am in line with Jimbo.
    Last edited by Cookie; 10-21-2009 at 07:11 PM.

Previous member

since the government is in charge of the whole program, and they have already run out of vaccine, It looks to be just about a non issue And this is the same bunch that want to administer universal health care

The vaccine will be available the first week of November.