How Often?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hotrodjohn

Reaction score
I just installed an entire water system in my home. I have a hydrogen peroxide injection system that I installed on a flow switch and replumbed the outside hose bibs to untreated water. After that unit I have a 2 cubic foot carbon filter that I rebeded with centaur catylitic carbon. That unit I have set to backwash every three days for 20 minutes and then two four minute "fluff" cycles after the backwash. After that I go through a "well water eradicator" that removes iron,sulfur,tannins..... It is a anion resin unit among other things as well as a softener.The unit regens using salt. I also installed a RO system on the kitchen faucet for coffee, ice maker,...etc. I know my water has around 5ppm of sulfur bit I still have not recieved the iron and hardness results from the lab. My question is how do I set up my backwash cycles for the softener/eradicator? The unit has a gal meter and you can use that or number of days since last regen. I know I need the hardness number but where do I start? Right now it is set to regen every 1400 galons or 10 days whichever comes first. My demand for water is not huge as it is just me and my wife (and our dog). Any suggestions?

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
John:

Where you start is by getting a professional water test!! Are you saying you installed all this equipment without test data? How can you expect anyone to advise you how often to backwash:eek: without knowing what the chemical properties were before hand?

Hotrodjohn

Reaction score
John:

Where you start is by getting a professional water test!! Are you saying you installed all this equipment without test data? How can you expect anyone to advise you how often to backwash:eek: without knowing what the chemical properties were before hand?

Like I said I dont have the iron and hardness back from the lab yet! I know I had iron just not how much. I know I get tannins at certain times of the year also.

Speedbump

Reaction score
I can tell you that tannin in my area is from Cypress Trees. If you have them certain times of the year, you may also have a well that is leaking surface water into the aquifer and your home.

You can't remove 5 ppm of sulphur with a water softener either.

bob...

Radon Contractor and Water Treatment
Reaction score
Website
www.78radon.com
I don't he's offended ... just befuddled why anyone would come to this forum and receive sound advice and follow none of it! Then start a new thread and ask more silly questions.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks