kinetico model 30 help

Users who are viewing this thread

hattrick37

Reaction score
I had to manuel regenerate the water softner and it wont regenerate on its own. The water taste salty and is cloudy. I cleaned the brine tank completly out and put new salt in it. When I run the water in the house I can hear the gears turning but wont regnerate and also the brine tank is that suppose to have water in it at all times or is the water suppose to drain out.Help dont know much about water softners and how they work. Ive been doing alot of reading but I havent found anything to in depth.:confused:

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
I had to manuel regenerate the water softner and it wont regenerate on its own ...
When I run the water in the house I can hear the gears turning but wont regnerate ...
Help dont know much about water softners and how they work.

Neither do I know very much here, but I do have the same softener. The water passing through the unit turns the gears that turn the valves during regeneration. So, it should be regenerating if the gears are turning, and I do know the entire mechanism needs to be protected by a water filter to keep things from getting plugged up inside.

... and also the brine tank is that suppose to have water in it at all times or is the water suppose to drain out.

When my brine tank is low on salt, I can see 3 or 4 inches of water in the bottom. But when there is plenty of salt in the tank, I never see any water.

Ive been doing alot of reading but I havent found anything to in depth.

I have also done a lot of searching without ever finding much info for my Kinetico, but there are some folks here who know a lot about them.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
kinetico

If you have a problem with a Kinetico, you probably have to call them, because, at least here, they do not sell parts or service manuals for them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks