Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2009-03/toilet-tech
toilet.jpg

http://www.popsci.com/scitech/article/2009-03/toilet-tech

Popular Science has a nice writeup on the Neorest 600
One look at the online demo and you will see that the Neorest 600 may actually live up to being called a throne. To start, a motion sensor detects when you approach and automatically opens the lid. Your seat has the option of being heated, which you can manage from a wireless remote control that handles all of the Neorest's functionality. When you're finished, you control the position and pressure of a self-cleaning nozzle that washes you, front and back, with a warm water spray, and subsequently dries the area with bursts of warm air. Also, the bowl's architecture helps initiate a cyclone flushing pattern that results in low water consumption (six liters per flush) and zero lag time for further use (no waiting for water to refill). The bowl has its own internal deodorizer, and when you get up to leave, the lid closes on its own.
Neorest 600

Last edited:

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
We just put the MS980 #550 Neorest and it's a good looking unit, really like the control pad for it.
MS980CMG-2_main.jpg
Pad.JPG

Reaction score
Website
www.stayhotbathtubs.com
From the comments:
Hello everyone. I am a Master Plumber in Colorado. I have been pushing low flush toilets for over 20 years. I love low flow toilets. My company installs hundreds yearly. The Toto toilet is a marvel. Unless you need to use it. My experience with Toto's is not good.

There biggest flaw, splash back. Try it, put some food coloring in a Toto bowl, lower the seat and flush. The side of the seat facing the bowl will get splashed. Toto toilets are not sanitary. If you don't mind having fecal matter and urine atomized, thrown into the air, soaking the seat and entering the air in the bathroom buy one.
If you want a sanitary toilet, there are many choices. Western Pottery is my favorite. I’ve been using them for over 10 years and never one complaint. The next item, you need a Ferrari mechanic to work on the fancy Toto’s. You will need both bailout money and a retention bonus from your bank to have one repaired.

Most toilets take standard components available from any hardware store or home center. Needing a PHD in engineering to work on a toilet is ridiculous. Next time you want to spend a bucket of money on a toilet, buy a standard model and give the money you saved to a food bank. The hundreds of meals you will provide are worth more than any toilet.

Mike the Plumber

*sigh* sounds like some of the plumbers I have had to work with...

Okay, despite me not agreeing with him on anything in his comments, I have to ask, anyone familiar with the Western Pottery brand he loves so much?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Okay, despite me not agreeing with him on anything in his comments, I have to ask, anyone familiar with the Western Pottery brand he loves so much?

The Western uses a standard "ball cock" and 2" flapper.
It's a builder grade toilet that I quit selling ten years ago.
I had a customer complain that it was a cheaply made toilet, so I quit selling it and never looked back.
Even the rep from Western Pottery that came out couldn't make the customer happy.

If Mike the Plumber was installing the builder grade Toto CST703, then he noticed the splashy flush.
The Reliant has a washdown flush, not at all like the models I sell that use the siphon jet flush.
I quit selling the Reliant years ago too.

The other models work completly differently.
They are "all that!"
It's too bad Mike only installs the cheapest builder grade toilets.
But then, when you only install cheap products, that's what you get.

picture-58391.jpg
Terry Love from Bothell, WA

04/25/09 at 6:26 pm
People that have used washlets on their toilets know how well they clean. That's why 80% of Japanese homes have them. Some day the US will notice that washing with water is not only good for hands, but for other parts of the body too. We do at least take showers. I tried brushing my kids off with a broom before sending them off to school, but then I thought better of it and threw them in the tub. Yes, with some water.
I sell and install a few thousand of the Toto toilets a year, and less of the other brands. By far the happiest clients are getting the Toto. Maybe that's why they are the biggest manufacturer in the world. I did install a toilet like the one above for the head of Microsoft. It's pretty cool.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks