Faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

betsycapp

Reaction score
I am looking to purchase faucets for bathroom sink and shower, as well as kitchen. Does anyone have experience with Danze? Are Toto faucets as superior as Toto toilets? Is it worth the extra $$$ to buy a stylish Grohe kitchen faucet? Lots to research in a short time. I appreciate any advice!

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
There are many faucets better than a Danze and not many that are worse...

Toto Brass is probably better than their toilets...
Usually difficult to find in stock...

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Danze is made by the same chinese company which makes Glacier Bay for HD, just costs more!

faucetman886

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
Danze is a everyone as said, an import and inexpensive but known for their high style. As with most things you get what you pay for. As far as Grohe, I have the "Bridgeford" and think it is great and well worth the money. It replaced a POS Kohler that after just 2 years wouldnt reseat itself after pulling it out and the button that controlled the flow from stream to spray only worked intermitantly. The same folks that would tell you to not buy a Danze would tell you to buy Kohler because of its perceived quality and obviously I wouldnt waste my money ever buying another Kohler product. As for Toto I have 2 of their toilets but was unaware they made faucets. If they are equivalent to the quality of their toilets then they are a buy regardless of price.

gotpeter

Reaction score
What about KWC faucets? I've got a "Domo" model that's 9 years old and the lever is beginning to stick. Can't figure out how to fix it so I may have to replace it.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
What about KWC faucets? I've got a "Domo" model that's 9 years old and the lever is beginning to stick. Can't figure out how to fix it so I may have to replace it.

Everytime I have met a KWC facet it was the begining of a bad day...
Of course I passed on the bad day to the customer in the form of a bill.:cool:

IMHO KWC SUX!

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
KWC is the biggest manufacturer of faucets in the world. IF you can find a dealer, you can probably order parts for it. I haven't looked on-line for them and have no idea how well they stock parts. You'll probably have to order it. One of the plumbing supply houses here carries them. They're bigger in Europe than here.

gotpeter

Reaction score
I found a local dealer and they had the part I needed in stock. 60+ bucks and an a couple of hours of working by the braile method and the faucet is working fine.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks