Vista sleep

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
OK,, so I finished my system recovery and have pretty much got my files back in order.

But, I use the sleep key on the HP keyboard. This use to work fine, but now when I put it to sleep, it wakes back up within a minute.

I know it has to do with a power management setting, in control panel, but that whole area is more complicated than the space shuttle, and I can seem to find the right "button" to push!

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Thanks, mac....that's a good one. I don't have a laptop, but I am going to try that fix and see if it works.

In poking around the net, it seems like there are a LOT of issues with Vista, especially laptops, regarding the sleep and hibernate features!

Macman

Reaction score
In the less expensive laptops I personally prefer H-P or Toshiba. I'm not a big fan of Acer, although I know that some are sold on them. In that price range you should be able to find a good Internet/E-mail machine, but don't expect to run 3-D games or edit video on it. Be sure that it has a minimum of 2GB of RAM to work decently with Vista, and 3 GB would be good. Anthing more than that is wasted in a 32 bit operating system. Unless you're planning to store large amounts of videos or picture files, even the most basic hard disk size, such as 160GB, should be plenty. Look for built-in wireless. Most will be b/g, but if it also has n, that's a bonus. Anything with n will be backwards compatible to b or g.

mcrandi

Reaction score
so to 'control panel' and check, you must have changed your sleep settings to one minute, check 'control panel'

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks