(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: WTB: vertical float with about 10" travel OR double float

Default WTB: vertical float with about 10" travel OR double float

I have a submersible pump and, after researching on this site, determined that I have been pumping out groundwater because the pump's integrated float switch is too short.

I could probably put the pump on a brick to raise it up, but i've determined that the vertical float is best (i'm open to suggestions) but I can't find one with about 10" of travel. i want to pump out the basin, but only from the top.

any suggestions? the sjm rombus has only 6.5 of travel.

i'm not sure a double float would work well, but i can get turbulence in the basin from the pour in. and i'm afraid that the diameter of the basin is too small for the double float. 18" or so.

i live in CT so no mercury switches.

thanks in advance

adam12

I am also looking for this from a long time.I really need this for my work.Thank you for sharing with us.

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

Nothing like an old brick or flat rock to solve a problem cheap. Keep it simple.

Do a search on Stevens Pumps..the S5310, S5710, and S5010 all have a 12" start and 3/12" stop, which gives you 8.5 inches difference. They have the pressure diaphragm switches, which some do not care for, but have been very reliable for me so far.
    http://www.stevenspump.com/sump-pumps.asp